OUR THEOLOGICAL IDENTITY
- We are a biblical church in that we believe Scripture is the Word of God, the only rule of faith and practice. All of our ministry and teaching is to be dependent on and grow out of our understanding of God’s Word.
- Below the authority of Scripture, we have a confession of faith that articulates what we believe Scripture teaches. Our confession is the Westminster Confession of Faith. The confession is not equal to Scripture, but is authoritative for us, as it explains our doctrine from Scripture.
- We also use the historic creeds of the Church. A creed is a statement of the universal faith affirmed by Christians, in all times and places. The Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed are two that we commonly use in our worship.
- A catechism is a doctrinal summary structured in question/answer format for memorization. We use the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms to succinctly teach the doctrine of God’s Word to ourselves and others.
- At New Hope we use the Bible, the Confession, Creeds, and Catechisms to teach the Good News of Jesus Christ.
NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH EXISTS TO GATHER FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST; TO GROW IN WORSHIPPING HIM, TO BE BUILT UP IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND TO JOIN HIM IN INVITING OTHERS INTO RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM